DX9's Invisible - Translucent Blue Edition

When I was young I used to own an actual Mirage figure which I loved. What kid wouldn't enjoy having a Formula 1 car which could become a robot?

Sadly, I made the mistake of activating Mirage's Electro Disrupter which made the figure invisible and I never saw it again.

Only joking, what actually happened was my brother borrowed Mirage and accidentally dropped the figure on the floor, breaking it in half at the waist.

But had I really lost Mirage due to it becoming invisible, I would have been annoyed about not being able to see it and would try to find a way to make it look kind of invisible whilst also being easy to find.

I like to think that DX9 were thinking the same thing when they released a repaint of their Invisible figure, which is less a repaint and more of a depaint as they have made the figure entirely in translucent blue plastic.
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
I didn't get the original version of this figure as, even though it looked good, I felt it looked too similar to the classics version of the character but I am sucker for clear plastic figures...
Henkei Electro Disruptor Mirage by Pete Slater
... so I figured I may as well try DS9's Invisible in this almost clear form.

As you can see from the picture above, it comes in a nice, small box which is adorned with lovely artwork. The font is especially worth taking note of as it looks very similar to the old Diaclone font.

The figure itself is rather nice if a little bit tight. Every joint on the figure is super tight, so much so that if you don't know how the figure transforms, you may be a little concerned about moving some of the joints. I know that I certainly was. But the translucent blue plastic is just lovely in hand and makes for some interesting lighting setups when taking photographs.
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater

I love how my strobe lighting casts a nice blue shadow on the surface of my studio background.
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
This is my first time with this mold and I have to say, it's pleasantly surprising. Even though posing the figure is tricky due to the tightness of the joints, it is endlessly posable and lends itself to some really dynamic stances.
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
The plastic can feel a little soft from time to time and can be quite easily warped if not handled carefully. I suppose that's the nature of translucent figures.

I love the little touches that were put into this figure like the fold away abs and the folding leg panel which covers a large-ish gap in the leg when display in bot mode.
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater


Alt mode is rather nice and really looks the part. The wheels all have enough clearance from the floor to allow for rolling the mold looks good from every angle.
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
Overall, despite the tightness of everything on this figure it is a real pleasure to handle and, if like me, you are into clear plastic figures, you will get a lot from Invisible. It is scaled to match Masterpiece figures so will fit in with your Masterpiece collection if you so wish.

Finally, after saying I didn't buy the original version of this figure and having now spent time with this translucent version, I have decided to get the coloured version of this mold. It is that good. All I need now is a clear version and I will be happy :)
DX9's Invisible by Pete Slater
Thanks for reading.

Comments